Planetiers World Gathering set to bring together some of the world’s most creative, eco-conscious speakers
EUROPE: The countdown to Europe’s leading sustainability event, Planetiers World Gathering (PWG), is underway. With just 10 days to go, the summit will draw industry experts from across the globe to speak on the planet’s most pressing and time-sensitive issues. Taking place from the 24th-26th of October, at the Parque Eduardo VII and Pavilhão Carlos Lopes, Lisbon, Portugal, this year’s summit marks the fully physical return of PWG, following a virtual, reduced in-person model at the height of the pandemic.
30,000 attendees, 300 speakers, 200 startups and 100 investors from over 90 countries are expected to attend this year’s event. All share a common goal of guiding and accelerating the transformation of the planet with real, sustainable solutions.
Planetiers World Gathering includes talks from several high-profile speakers, including:
- Ali Tabrizi – NETFLIX Seaspiracy Director and Conservationist
- Gloria Reuben – Actress and President of Waterkeepers Alliance
- John Fullerton – Thought Leader, Founder and CEO of the Capital Institute, and Impact investor
- David Simas – CEO of the Obama Foundation
- Cyrill Gutsch – Founder and CEO of Parley for the Oceans
- Mary-Alice Arthur – A story activist specialising in systemic change
- Prof. Mohan Munasinghe – Physicist, Engineer, Economist and Co-Laureate Nobel Peace Prize winner
- Satya Tripathi – Secretary General of the Global Alliance for a Sustainable Planet and former UN Deputy Secretary General
* For the full list of speakers, please see HERE.
Planetiers World Gathering was founded in 2017 by young entrepreneurs who were eager to bring together businesses, public and private organisations and citizens, mobilising them in the battle for a sustainable future. The summit will feature topics such as ecology, climate change, health, poverty, education and peace and aims to connect key industry players to power effective and lasting change. The organisation is backed by partnerships with several high-profile organisations, such as the European Commission, Tourism of Portugal and Lisbon Municipality.
Commenting on Planetiers World Gathering, CEO and Co-Founder Sérgio Ribeiro said:
“With just 10 days to go before the 2022 Planetiers World Gathering, we are really excited to have such a brilliant programme line-up and so many excellent speakers. Planetiers was created to accelerate change in the world and the level of commitment from businesses, innovators, investors, activists and individuals, has been immensely encouraging. It goes to show that our goal of building a sustainable and equitable future is possible when the people who can change the world come together to do so.”